56 of the best song ever!!!!

6:00 PM / Posted by Megan /

Take A Chance On Me- ABBA
"I love ABBA. My favorite oldies group. This song is just awesome."
Down and Out- The Academy Is…
One More Sad Story- The All-American Rejects
She is Beautiful- Andrew Wk
Breath (2am)-Anna Nalick
Helicopter- Bloc Party
Be My Yoko Ono- Barenaked Ladies
Falling for the First Time- Barenaked Ladies
"About my future husband."
Sooner or Later- Breaking Benjamin
Jerk It Out- The Caesars
Love You Madly- Cake
Where Do the Children Play? - Cat Stevens
Come on Over- Christina Aguilera
In My Place- Coldplay
The Scientist-Coldplay
Green Eyes- Coldplay
"I wish I had green eyes so he could sing to me!"
Swallowed in the Sea- Coldplay
So Much To Say- Dave Matthews Band
I Will Follow You Into the Dark- Death Cab for Cutie
"This is the whole reason I made this list. My faovrite song of all time. It is so profound!"
Crooked Teeth- Death Cab for Cutie
Title and Registration- Death Cab for Cutie
Lack of Color- Death Cab for Cutie
Can’t Help Falling In Love- Elvis
If We Were a Movie- Hannah Montana
"I love Hannah Montana!"
Jesse Buy Nothing...Go To Prom Anyways- Hellogoodbye
Here (In Your Arms) – Hellogoodbye
You Sexy Thing- Hot Chocolate
Great Expectations- Jeff Foster
Waiting On the World to Change- John Mayer
I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You) - John Mayer
Why Georgia- John Mayer
Olympic Fanfare and Theme- John Williams
SexyBack- Justin Timberlake
"I love dancing my heart out to this song. You should have seen my at homecoming. It was awesome!"
Black Horse and the Cherry Tree- KT Tunstall
"I hope I can perform this song someday."
You & Me- Lifehouse
Beat It- Michael Jackson
Thriller- Michael Jackson
These Words- Natasha Bedingfield
"My favorite love song."
Come As You Are- Nirvana
God Is a DJ- P!nk
Such Great Heights- The Postal Service
Sleeping In- The Postal Service
Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen
Another One Bites The Dust- Queen
"I can pull out some sweet moves to this tune."
High Of 75- Relient K
Who I Am Hates Who I've Been- Relient K
"Another awesome song by these guys. This song tells a lot about how I feel. My favorite line is ' Stop right there, that's exactly where I lost it, see that line I never should have crossed it'."
This Week The Trend- Relient K
Garden Party- Ricky Nelson
Chasing Cars- Snow Patrol
Never Let You Go- Third Eye Blind
"Love this song with all my heart and soul."
Just To See You Smile- Tim McGraw
Wizards In Winter- Trans-Siberian Orchestra
"So I get made fun of all the time for loving these guys, but I'm sorry these guys rock!"
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For- U2
Sunday Bloody Sunday- U2
Buddy Holly- Weezer
White & Nerdy- Weird Al Yankovic
"This song is my theme song in life."

Each of these songs holds a special place in my heart. I hope you enjoyed them. I gave a short explanation on some of them. I bet some of you are surprised with some of the "oldies" I like. I have been getting more into that type of music and I can actually stand to listen to Dad's iPod. That's one small step for man one giant leap for the Foster family. My new goal.... I want to like country music!!

3 comments:

Comment by Jeff on 7:08 PM

White and nerdy does even come close to describing things...

Comment by Danalin on 1:44 PM

(You have at least one country song on there - good job!)
Meg, this is a very comprehensive list! I'm impressed! It's taken me this long to read through them all, but I finally made it. :) I think that your love and talent for music is a beautiful thing. It will evolve a lot over the years, but when you're older and life has changed for you and you hear one of these songs, it will take you back and you'll love to think of the different stages in your life from that perspective. I think you are one cool chick! I love you a lot!

Comment by Matthew on 8:37 PM

I am so happy that a Foster has finally graduated their musical tastes beyond the sappy, crappy realm of crap like Air Supply (Mark), Neil Diamond (Tyler), and Garth Brooks, all of whom I am happy to see do not make a single appearance on your list.

That doesn't mean I don't like commercial popular music. In fact, I love Michael Jackson -- back in the day before you were born. Both of those songs are great, but for his best, grooviest stuff, check out Off The Wall -- hands down, his best, grooviest and coolest album ever.

You have got to make me a mixx of some of this stuff. I'm an old fogey and an indie rawk snob, and though I listen to a lot of current bands, most of what I hear on what is known as "Modern Rock Radio" really sux.

At least I am hip enough to have a few albums by some of the artists you mention, namely:

Nirvana (RIP Kurt -- I still remember where I was when I heard the news of his death... did you know he would be 40 now? Man, I feel old.)
Weezer (power pop gods of the 1990s)
Postal Service
Queen! (your inclusion of "Bohemian Rhapsody" proves your koolness -- yeah it's cheezy and bombastic, that's why it's fantastic!)
Snow Patrol (their first US relase, from oh... 2001 or so)
Andrew WK (another guilty pleasure)

Anyway, make me another mixx and enlighten me about what the kidz like these daze. Love you Meg...

Post a Comment