The funniest Foster

9:58 PM / Posted by Megan /

After months of taking the heat for my believing in Marks furture stand up comedy career I decided to simply state my reasoning for him being not only the funniest Foster, but the funniest man I know. If anyone reading this wants to top Marks always fantastic comments here are the keys to doing so.
1) Delivery. It really doesn't matter if your joke is funny. All that matters is if you give a good delivery and at the right time. For instance if I am in a bad mood I do not want to hear about some Pig and the fact he lost his leg. I would want to hear a joke pertaining to the situation in some sarcastic manner. Mark is a genius at this. He knows the perfect joke and actually when and where to deliver it.
2) Pure funniness. The joke has to be funny in the first place for me to laugh at all.
3) Punch line. If it is planned joke, get the punch line right. (DAD!)
4) Giving jokes on demand. This is the only area in which Mark struggles. When I ask for a joke on demand he struggles to perform. This is the only flaw in Mark's comedy genius.
5) Delivery. I can't stress enough how important this is. This makes up for about 92% of how hard and how long I laugh.
6) Spontaneity. Some jokes are better when coming out of the blue.

There it is the list. My judgement on how funny everyone is, is purely set on how hard I laugh and for how long I laugh. No one else in this family (Or in the world) can make me laugh harder then Mark, no one. I found myself right now laughing at a joke he told many months ago. It really wasn't that funny, but the delivery was pure genius.
The only one who can truly compete my his genius, is Adam. But this is only achieved not so much because he is funny, because he says something wrong causing it to be funny. ( the Queen of Napoo) Also I spend much more time talking to Adam then any one else so more face time with me would definitely help your cause.
Mark is a funny man. That is the plain and simple truth here. I will always be your number one fan Mark. Until the bitter end.

On a completely different topic. I made yearbook for next year. That's a huge deal for me since I really want to be a writer when I grow up. So I was way excited when I found out. Next year will be a busy year for me. Here is my class list...
Honors English
Ap American History
Biology
Algebra 2
French 3
Choir (Charisma)
Yearbook, writing staff
I am excited to continue my education and learn a whole lot more. In all I honesty feel that I have learned more this year then I ever did in middle school. So pretty much middle school is pointless, just kidding. Also I have grown so much as a person and a friend. The social aspect of high school is about one million times better the middle school. I hated Deer Creek, two of the worst years of my life looking back. But Deer Creek had its place in my heart, but Chatfield has a bigger place. Overall what I am trying to say is that I love school and hope that iIcan make the most of my high school and one day college experiences. (Before I get old like all of you ;-)

9 comments:

Comment by Danalin on 9:47 AM

Congratulations, Meggers! I am excited to see your yearbook next year and sit in awe of your writing prowess. You have always been a great girl (in the more than two years that I've known you), but you are really coming into yourself as a well-rounded and beautiful young woman. I am so glad that high school has been such a great experience for you!

Oh, and I guarantee that if we had more 'face time', as you say, I could beat out Mark in the funniest Foster competition. Few people know of my humor. Just ask my sister Adrianne, she thinks I am a hoot. You'll see over time, Meg. You'll see.

Comment by Tankfos on 10:51 AM

I don't find Mark funny at all. I think Ty is pretty funny!!

Ad

Comment by Dad on 3:56 PM

That is pretty much the worse analysis of who is the funniest that I have ever heard.

Meggie, you hurt me to the quick on this. As you know my humor is sometimes hard to understand, but once you do everyone in the fam knows I'm hilarious!! You think I'm funny....I know you do. You just won't admit it.

Let me tell you a joke about a guy who walks into a restaurant.....Oh you have heard that one.

Well what about the dog that walks into the saloon and puts his paws....oh, you've heard that one two.

Well, how about the guy named John Smith who bragged he knew everyone in the whole world.....sorry, you've heard that one too?

I guess I'm out of fresh jokes, but in my day I was a hoot.

One thing I know, Mark isn't the funniest man by any stretch of the imagination. I will give him his due about his writing ability, but humor.....I don't think so.

Dad

Comment by Mark on 10:48 AM

It is with great humility that I accept Megan's coronation as the Funniest Man in the World. This is something I have known for a long time, and I feel great validation in this official recognition.

My only complaint is that she limited my funniness to this earthly sphere. I consider myself to be more accurately described as the Funniest Man in the Galaxy.

I would not presume to be the Funniest Man in the Universe, as this honor belongs solely to Darth Xyzygious from the Fluxation Rim of the Gamma Quandrant. (He's one of a new breed of "Slap-stick Sith Lords." His signature move is slipping on a banana peel and accidentally using his pink light saber to cut his head off, which grows back very unexpectedly wearing a big red rubber nose.)

But once he kicks the bucket, I will rightfully assume his place as the funniest in the universe.

Thank you, Megan.

Wooo wooo wooo Nyuk nyuk nyuk Wakka wakka wakka

Comment by Tankfos on 5:03 PM

Megan,
You really believe that this guy is the funniest person in the family? Please.

Ad

Comment by Goose on 9:16 PM

Megs I am happy for you with making yearbook. That is great. I remember back in the day when I tried out for it. I also remember when I told Mrs Kuhn that I was too busy to continue and would have to leave yearbook. I think you know what happened after that, that is right, a job was created for me...Headline Editor. A job that took very little skill and even less effort. I am told by my sources (Megan) that the job of Headline editor is still around. Looks like I made a lasting impression on the Chatfield yearbook staff that will never be diminished.

Also, when I read your reasons for crowning Mark as the funniest man on earth I was skepical, but as I thought about it more deeply and seriously, I humbled myself. Mark you are #1 in my book, and don't let Adam bring you down. Keep the jokes coming my friend, you got my support.

P.S. Just don't crack anymore about Darth Xyzygious from the Fluxation Rim of the Gamma Quandrant. I mean come on man, you got to show me something more nasty then that.

Comment by Angie on 11:50 PM

Megan--

I must say that Mark IS pretty darn funny. Every time I read one of Mark's posts, I can't help but laugh...really hard. What can I say? It's just pure, spontaneous humor that he's got.

Also, such a well-written analysis of what makes a funny person funny. I have to admit, it also made me laugh several times. No wonder you made it into yearbook. I am looking forward to reading many a profound composition of yours. I also think the yearbook staff will be glad they will have you for three whole years.

Comment by Jeff on 10:00 AM

Mark is incredibly funny...looking, smelling and sounding. Very, very funny indeed.

Comment by Matthew on 8:22 PM

You know, you have a point, Meg. Mark is a pretty funny guy, and I think your analysis of his talent is spot-on. He has a certain... je ne se quois?

I'm not a very good joke teller myself. I just can't concentrate long enough, and if it's a good joke I start cracking up -- that is a BIG TIME no no if you want to be funny. Besides, my sense of humor is too biting and sarcastic and too often comes across as just mean.

And don't listen to Dad -- but you didn't need me to tell you that ;-) No one should ever be subjected to the "Worcestershire sauce joke" ever again.

Glad to hear you are enjoying skool so much. Keep it up girl! I hope next year goes well for ya...

Post a Comment