my trip to the beautiful city!

3:57 PM / Posted by Megan /

I want to start by saying I traveled across 6 states in a bus for over 34 hours you can look at my blog for 5 minutes. The trip was amazing not only did my social group of friends grow but so did my tesimony. I love this gospel and know that without a doubt it's true. So enjoy my pictures they are a little out of order, sorry but deal.
The Mississippi River
The Winter Quarters Temple
In the cemetary at Winter Quarter
Outside the vistors center at Winter Quarters
The corn fiels upon which my wildest dream came true. I ran through it!

Hyram Smith Joesph Smith Emma Hale Smith
thier graves
A giganto flower twice the size of my head
The Nauvoo Temple...


My artistic side shins in this picture.
Joesph and Hyram looking back on Nauvoo as they leave
"This is the most beautiful city, with the most beautiful people. Little do they know the soar trials that await them."- Joesph to Hyram as they left for Carthage
Ali and I in the vistors center in Independence

My artistic picture overlooking Adam-ondi-Ahman

Nightfall on Adam-ondi-Ahman
On top of the hill overlooking Adm-ondi-Ahman

The actual bullet holes. the top one is the one that killed Hyram.
The window from which Joesph Smith fell.
My soul sister Tamsen and me in front of Brother Joesph and Hyram.
Joesph and Hyram at Carthage Jail.

The men in Liberty Jail. It was so small!

8 comments:

Comment by Mark on 8:42 PM

Meggie--
Great pics! I remember most of those sites well, though I have not seen the rebuilt Nauvoo temple, and I have never actually been to Adam-ondi-ahman.
Glad it was such a good trip!
Mark

Comment by Tankfos on 11:12 AM

Your pictures remind of me and Ty's trip a couple of summers ago. Being in Liberty Jail and seeing what conditions they had to live through for six months in the freezing winter was what really hit me. I am really glad that you had such a good time and they you had such wonderful spiritual experiences. I love the gospel also. It's good!!!!!!
Ad

Comment by Mom the Bomb on 9:29 PM

Meg...I love your pictures and all your comments...especially about your testimony. I love you!


Love,Mom the bomb

Comment by Dad on 10:13 PM

Meggie,
Great pictures honey. I am so jealous of you and what you experieinced on this trip. I hope you will write it all down so you can remember what you were feeling while you were there.

I love you and your enthusiasim. Your pictures really are quite good and I commend you for the artistic quality of many of them.

Love,
Dad

Comment by Elizabeth on 1:20 PM

You are quite the photographer Megan. I feel like i've seen the "Beautiful City" Thanks. Someday I'd like to go there myself. I'm so glad you had a great trip.

Comment by Danalin on 2:58 PM

Great pictures, Meg! I especially liked the ones with YOU in them. You are such a beautiful young woman. I love your new haircut and I love these experiences that we get to share with you through pictures and blogging. Love you to bits!

Comment by Tyler on 5:38 PM

Nauvoo is the kind of place that leaves a lasting impression on a person...as are all of the sites you guys visited, especially Liberty Jail. I'm glad you were so moved by your experiences. I felt the same way when I was there...

Great pictures!

Comment by Wendi on 1:21 PM

I'm glad that you had such a fun and fulfilling time during your trip, Meg. And I commend you on your photographic efforts, too -- there are some great shots in there!

Post a Comment