Megan's Annual Playlist

5:34 PM / Posted by Megan /

So I know that I have done this a few time before. But my iTunes library is constantly expanding and my love for music keeps me listening to anything and everything I can get my hands on. Music is a true undying passion of mine and I know that I am not the only person in this family who feels that way. I love sharing my musical knowledge with you, and I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoy making the lists. (the * means that it made it on a previous list)

Money, Money, Money-ABBA
*Down and Out -The Academy Is
Forever Love- Anna Nalick
I love Anna. I love her voice. I think she is one of the most talented young artists you can find.
Consider This- Anna Nalick
Falling For the First Time- Barenaked Ladies
Eight Days A Week- The Beatles
Picking one Beatles song is impossible.
Evaporated- Ben Folds Five
Rock This Party (Everybody Dance Now)-Big Ali, Bob Sinclar & Dollar Man
My pump up song when I need a little pick-me-up.
Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)- Billy Joel
Twilight anyone? I Love Edward Cullen. "Truly, I do."(It's a Twilight thing you wouldn't understand.)
Blowin' In The Wind- Bob Dylan
My favorite old-school artist. He has had a great influence over countless other artists, and changed music the way we know it.
High School Never Ends- Bowling for Soup
Such a true message.
A Line Allows Progress, A Circle Does Not- Bright Eyes
*Love You Madly- Cake
Bubbly- Colbie Caillat
*Green Eyes- Coldplay
*Swallowed In the Sea- Coldplay
Dreams- The Cranberries
This song reminds me of every roadtrip we ever took.
Technologic- Daft Punk
Best techno band of my generation.
Lie in Our Graves- Dave Matthews Band
*I Will Follow You Into the Dark- Death Cab for Cutie
This remains my favorite song ever written. So beautiful.
Your Heart Is an Empty Room- Death Cab for Cutie
Death Cab is by far my favorite band at the moment. I believe Plans is one of the best albums ever independently produced. And I am eagerly awaiting their new album.
*A Lack Of Color- Death Cab for Cutie
Dirty Harry- Gorillaz
The Battle- Harry Gregson-Williams/The Chronicles of Narnia
So call me a sucker for awesome battle music but I dare you to listen to this and not be totally inspired.
Touchdown Turnaround (Don't Give Up On Me)- Hellogoodbye
*Talk Us Down-Hit The Lights
The Way I Am- Ingrid Michaelson
Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful.
Better Together-Jack Johnson
Banana Pancakes- Jack Johnson
I have absolutely have fallen in love with Mr. Jack Johnson.
*Great Expectations- Jeff Foster
Obviously no list is complete with my favorite artist in the world. But this song is on his new album, if it ever comes out!
The Middle- Jimmy Eat World
This kind of describes me.
*The Heart Of Life- John Mayer
*My Stupid Mouth- John Mayer
I Walk The Line- Johnny Cash
Flashing Lights- Kanye West
Mouthwash- Kate Nash
My favorite new artist. She is one of kind and only she could sing the songs she sings.
She Moves In Her Own Way- The Kooks
My favorite new band. I am excited to see what their new album holds in store for me.
Falling In Love At a Coffee Shop- Landon Pigg
Shake It- Metro Station
Everything-Michael Bublé
The ultimate love song.
Save the Last Dance for Me- Michael Bublé
Lollipop- Mika
Anyone Else But You- The Moldy Peaches
I heard this and I fell in love with the corky nature of the song. Its different than anything else I've heard and I love it.
I'm Not Okay- My Chemical Romance
L-O-V-E- Nat “King” Cole
Earth Angel- The Penguins
I dedicate this to all the lovely couples in this family. If you ever want me to sing it, I'm ready.
Strangers Like Me- Phil Collins/Tarzen
*Such Great Heights- The Postal Service
*Nothing Better -The Postal Service
Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen
The King of all rock songs. No song even comes close. The ultimate rock song!
Somebody To Love- Queen
Must Have Done Something Right- Relient K
Hallelujah- Rufus Wainwright
After hearing Jeff plays this a millions times I realized how much I love it.
*New Slang- The Shins
I am madly in love with the Shins. They are so different and awesome.
Shut Your Eyes- Snow Patrol
I love Snow Patrol. They have such good lyrics.
Make This Go On Forever- Snow Patrol
Our Song- Taylor Swift
Particle Man- They Might Be Giants
I know I am not the only They Night Be Giants fan. It was hard to choose just one song.
The Way I Are (Remix) feat. Francisco & Keri Hilson- Timberland
Play it and the party will come.
Dancing in the Moonlight- Toploader
Oh man, I love this song. Its just so happy!
New Amsterdam- Travis
This is more for the hidden track then then actual song. Travis remains one of my favorite bands because they speak the truth.
*Flowers In The Window- Travis

2 comments:

Comment by Jeff on 1:44 AM

Megan,
This was a very interesting list. You have very broad taste and I like that. You and I seem to agree that the best kind of music is the good kind, wherever it may come from. You rock, girl.
G2G
Jeff

Comment by Goose on 6:10 PM

Megan and Jeff,
We seem to disagree with music. I usually like the bad music but you two say you like the good music. That just doesn't make sense.

Post a Comment